St. Mary, Sutton Road, Langley, Maidstone, ME17 3LY.
For directions, please see map below.
1st Sunday in month – No service
2nd Sunday in month – 10.30 am – All Age Worship
3rd Sunday in month – 09.00 am – Holy Communion
4th Sunday in month – 10.30 am – Parish Communion
5th Sunday in month – please see the ‘What’s on in….’ pages
History – In the early 1970s the parish of St. John the Evangelist, Willington was united with Otham. Then in 1982 these two were joined with St. Mary, Langley to form the present parish of Otham with Langley. The parish now has a population of approximately 7,500.
Langley’s Anglo-Saxon church was destroyed by fire and a new church was built during the 13th and 14th centuries. The Reverend William Bouverie Pusey, who became Rector in 1842 was not happy with the building and decided to construct a new church at his own expense on the foundations of the existing church which would be demolished. The new building was designed by William Butterfield and was dedicated in 1855.
A toilet was built into the fabric in the 1990s but apart from that the church has changed little since it was built.
View Larger Map